Friday 21 December 2012

Castle Ideas and inspirations


 Ba-sing-se (Avatar)
Although it inst castle, the massive city has many features that a castle has, as the city is a massive fortification, featuring many out-walls all with architectural designs for defense and offense.

 Omashu (Avatar)
Once again, this is not a castle, rather another city, with major fortifications and a castle-like structure, having most defensive
protocols in place that a castle would


 Minas Tirith (Lord of the Rings)
Minas Tirith is a large fortified city within the LOTR franchise - this massive city is more like a castle with a city within it than any other fortification, as it has all main features of a castle within this amazing make-belief structure.


Dalaran (World of Warcraft)

Dalaran isnt a castle, but it still hold some features of castle-like fortifications. Dalaran is a magic flying city in the WoW franchise and will be the main point of inspiration for me as I would like to create some form of magical fantasy castle myself. Although mine will be a castle and not a city some of the eye-catching things that are featured within the magic city I am hoping to re-create or have a have base from








After inspecting and measuring many castles and cathedrals (on Google Earth) I have come to the conclusion that my Castle should be approximately 300-400 feet (that being just the floor plan)

I am a big fan of a game called 'Minecraft' and in one of my most recent saves on the game I made a fairly big castle / fortress city.
putting all this time into this game I couldn't help but admire my creation, and I was struggling with ideas I thought that I could base it off of my Minecraft save - obviously I would make alterations where necessary but I thought I could at least use this as a starting point.

 This is the overall layout of my castle city, on the left wing of the city is my urban area, were all of the houses and such are. On the right wing is all my farmland, with live stock and crops.
 This is the outside wall of the front of the city, as you can see it has massive towers on each of the corners, and a large gate tower.




This is my cathedral  almost right in the middle of the city, sitting along the back wall of the main square, linked to all parts of my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment